You can manage diabetes. We can help.
Diabetes is a serious illness, but there is much you can do at home to minimize its effects.
By learning to manage your diabetes, you reduce the risk of long-term complications such as heart disease, stroke, kidney disease, nerve damage and vision problems. There are a number of ways to bring your diabetes under control, including adjusting your lifestyle, monitoring your blood sugar, and taking medications effectively.
Revival’s nurses can help. We’ll give you all the information and practical training you need to control your diabetes.
• Teach you to monitor blood sugar levels and record to changes in blood sugar throughout the day
• Teach you how to manage your medication regimen including insulin therapy
• Help you incorporate healthy lifestyle modifications like meal planning and portion control
• Encourage regular exercise to help control blood sugar levels
• Teach you to recognize the signs and symptoms that should prompt you to seek emergency care